It’s time for another salad dressing recipe! What I love about this recipe is that not only can you use it for salads, but it also can be put on burritos or tacos, and it can be used as a dip for veggie sticks or chips! Everything comes together really quickly with the help of a food processor too. With lime juice and vinegar, the avocado doesn’t get oxidized and stays a nice vibrant green. But since everything is fresh ingredients, it’s best to use it up within two weeks.
The ingredients should be easy to find: nonfat Greek yogurt, olive oil, white vinegar, fresh lime juice, a ripe avocado (and it’s fine if it’s too soft since it’s going to get blended up), a jalapeno pepper, cilantro (also called Chinese parsley), salt, and black pepper.
Start by putting all the vegetables into the food processor along with the vinegar, lime juice, salt, and pepper. I have a mini sized food processor, so I had to cut things up smaller to help fit them into it. If you have a bigger food processor, I am jealous, but you won’t need to do much chopping at all – just toss everything into the bowl.
Blitz it all up until it comes together into a chunky paste. Open up the food processor and scrape down the sides. Add in the olive oil and blend it up again.
Once the olive oil is well blended in, it’ll look much smoother and creamier. Open up the lid, scrape down the sides again, then add the Greek yogurt. Once it’s well blended, you’re left with a vibrant green, multi-use dressing that’s addictive and delicious.
Pixie’s Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1 (6 oz) container PLAIN nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 green jalapeno (seeds and ribs removed for less heat/spice)
- 1 cup cilantro (Chinese parsley), roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put the cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, lime juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper into a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients come together in a chunky paste.
- Open the lid and scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in the olive oil. Pulse until it becomes a smoother paste and the oil is well combined.
- Open the lid and scrape down the sides once again, then add in the yogurt. Let the food processor run for 2 to 3 minutes, ensuring that everything is well combined.
- Store in a jar, or air tight container, in the fridge. Use within two weeks.